Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Restaurant Review: Gaulart & Maliclet

I had heard about this little French cafe from my go-to website tripadvisor.com. I have never been to France & don't know French...I don't even know how to pronounce the name of the restaurant. It has the nickname of "Fast & French" so maybe others don't know how to pronounce it either...anyway, it is one of the cutest little cafes ever. The inside is a long, narrow corridor with a long bar as the seating.
I ordered the ham & brie croissant which was so buttery & salty- perfect combination! Seriously, I don't think my taste buds could be any happier! It also came with a side of side of soup. I chose the cream of mushroom over gazpacho. Cold soup has never appealed to me, and I don't mind mushrooms, but this one was very mushroomy. They also serve Illy coffee, which I thoroughly enjoy. Overall, this is one of those places that I want to revisit on a cold, blustery day. The contrast of seeing the weather out the large front window and relaxing in the warmth of the restaurant while at the same time sinking my teeth into a toasty, buttery croissant and sipping a cup of steamy coffee sounds so wonderful. Not sure how many days will be like that in Charleston, but when they are, you know where I'll be.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a midwesterner at heart, aren't you? :)

*angie* said...

I know, Mom, I don't think I'll ever outgrow that! Looks like you are the only person reading my blog :)

sarah lynn said...

hey now....i'm reading it! i can't wait to visit that place :) i'm sure that they have got to have some crepes there too!! a little europe in charleston :)